Council Meetings – Held the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Meetings are scheduled for 7:00 p.m. and are held in the Council Room located on the second floor of the City Building at 115 N. Miami Ave. Bradford, Ohio 45308.
Special Meetings – From time to time a special meeting is required to discuss issues regarding the community. Council may elect to conduct this type of meeting and will notify the general public according to Ohio Law. If you would like to be notified in person of special meetings, please contact the Clerk Treasurer at 448-2718. We can contact you by e-mail, regular mail or phone.
Cancellation of Council Meetings – A council meeting may be cancelled for either a lack of a quorum (not enough members present to conduct the business of the village) or by a vote of council. Reason for the cancellation will be given and council will notify the public of the cancellation according to Ohio Law.
Committee Meetings – The following list is councils committees and responsibilities.
- Budget Committee – Full Council – Responsible for the Village finances, budgets, and establishing a one year priority list of goals and objectives for the current year.
- Utilities Committee – Full Council – Responsible for water, sewer, streets, street lights and equipment
- Lands & Buildings Committee – Responsible for the upkeep of the Buildings and Lands owned by the Village & also throughout the community. This implies to our continual efforts of keeping rundown and dilapidated properties in order. A list of these should be coordinated with the Village Administrator.
- Ordinance Committee – Responsible for writing, reviewing and amending current, new, and old ordinances that are necessary to preserve the public health, safety and welfare to the citizens of Bradford.
- Grievance Committee – Responsible for listening to any grievances in connection with village affairs and to make recommendations to Council.
- Sidewalk Committee – Responsible for the maintenance of existing & new sidewalks, curbs and gutters where needed throughout the village.
- Public Relation Committee – Responsible to inform and educate the public of village affairs, progress, and concerns.
- Insurance Committee – Responsible for assuring Council the insurance needs and programs are adequate at the best possible rates.
- Enterprise Zone Tax Incentive Review Committee – Responsible for informing Council of new and expanding business and for tax abatements if necessary. To annually review enterprise agreements.
- Capital Improvement Committee – Responsible for formulating a comprehensive five to ten year capital expenditure plan for future improvements. Council needs to adopt a plan on an annually basis. This will provide guidance for Council committees and the administration for planning the proper allocation of future funds towards those capital improvements that are deemed appropriate.
- Records Commission – Responsible for providing rules for the retention and disposal of records of the municipal corporation and to review schedules of record retention and disposition submitted by municipal offices in accordance with ordinance O-07-14. The Record Commission shall meet at least once every six months.
Committee meetings can be scheduled at any time, however they must open to the general public and notice of the meeting must be given.
Zoning Board Meetings – Zoning Board meets the third Thursday of every month at 6:00 on the second floor of the City Building.
Zoning Board of Appeals – Board of appears only meets when called upon by the zoning board to decide if a variance will be allowed.